Friday, April 15, 2011

Lessons from the Sea

A young man came to his elder and asked "How did you find peace?"

The elder took him to his room and opened up his dresser. He reached in and took out a tiny small sea shell.

The young man looked at him confused.

The elder continued, "Years ago during the depression I lost everything. I was suicidal. I left my family and moved to a house near the sea. One day I decided I would end my life. I walked out into the sea. But the waves were too strong. They tossed me back onto the shore. After about the sixth time I looked to see a small, tiny, fragile shell."

"It was then I realized I could go with the current or go against it."

This story comes from Swami Kriyananda (now 85 years old) who refers to himself simply as "a humble disciple" of the great spiritual leader Paramhansa Yogananda.

"There are two flows. One that takes you downward and one that lifts you up." ~Swami Kriyananda

Oh and here's another: "The nice thing about old age is its temporary"

I love it!

Awesome, isn't it?

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Yes excellent!! Take Care Tammy!