Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ford tough

I still do not have my winter tires on my car yet. This morning as I drove into the Y, my traction control gripped the road. Along the way, I was thinking, "Traction control, wouldn't it be nice if we had a traction control button for life?"

Then it hit me....we do!

The traction control button is the breathe!

How many times has someone said, “Just slow down. Take a deep breath…” Whoever said this was not far off the mark. Research shows that the mind follows our breathing patterns. If we remember this internal tool our minds and bodies can relax, remain calm and centred. When you consider that the average person takes 23,000 breaths each day, you can see the important of the quality of the breath. According to yogic philosophy, we are meant to live a full 120 years; meaning the total number of breaths in one lifetime should be approximately 946,080,000. That's a whole lot of traction isn't it?

So that's it! Use your personal traction control button...stop and breathe..then reap the blessings.

No comments: