Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who we are

It is said we are the culmination of the 5 people we spend the most time with.

The more I think of this, the more I find truth in it; although I wonder what it means if you spend most of your time with a cat? LOL

Last week I shared a portion of an article entitled Breathing Peace.

Some have asked me to post it here so you can re-read it. It comes from Science of Mind August 2006 which has an article about Thich Nhat Hanh.

Here is what he said,

"Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment.
I know this is a wonderful moment."

It definitely takes gratitude to a different level, doesn't it?

This is from a lecture titled "Remembrance and Transformation"

"...Let us remember that peace is available in every moment, in every breath, in every action. If we are restless or caught up in struggle, we cannot be at peace with ourselves. Therefore we cannot be peaceful with others. By slowing down and letting go of worry, we begin to relax inside. This is the way of peace, to live happily in the present moment. Let us live mindfully. Let us be fully present in the beautiful moment that is now."

No comments: