Monday, June 02, 2014

Peace Blossoms


 I'm finally feeling more at home in my larger journal and have even had some time to play with markers and pencils.  I do enjoy the paint more but this was a fun little doodle to explore:



It was a challenging week to have to say goodbye to Maya Angelou.  I read in class "I know why the caged bird sings" poem.  The first class I read it in, I didn't get through it.  It is the first time in all of my years of teaching that I cried in front of the group.  Her work and life was something I so connected with.  And I, like many others, will truly miss her.  

"My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return." ~Maya Angelou

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Such a beautiful piece friend...and so very true about Maya Angelou. She was something magnificent who made this world a better place. Wishing you a lovely week ahead full of good things!

Unknown said...

cute drawing! RIP Maya Angelou

styleandchocolates.blogspot.com