Sunday, October 26, 2014

Peace begins with me meditation

I can't believe how fast this month has progressed.  I just realized I haven't made space to blog for so long.  I have had a nice time this month - been busy art journaling, writing and also teaching. 


This past week I was teaching meditation to my students and thought I'd share this one with you also.  This technique comes from Gabrielle (Gabby) Bernstein who has a Kundalini background.


Warning!  This will make you feel relaxed & enhance your wellbeing!!!


You begin by taking your thumb and touching each finger in turn.  As you do so you add in a mantra (japa) a silent repetition of the sentence, "Peace begins with me".


Take your thumb and touch your index finger and say "Peace"
Thumb to middle finger, "Begins"
Thumb to ring finger, "With"
Thumb to baby finger, "Me"


Here's how I taught it to my classes:
What I love about this is you can do it with eyes open or closed!  You can use it while waiting for a scheduled meeting, your turn in line or anywhere you choose.


1st time through spend several minutes connecting words with movement.


Next:
After several minutes change the timing according to your breath.  One repetition per inhale.  One repetition per exhale.


After several minutes change it again to two repetitions per inhale, followed by two repetitions per exhale.


Then lengthen it one more time to three repetitions of the phrase, "Peace begins with me" per inhale and three per exhale.


It feels simply amazing!


Have a great week.
Much love,
Tam
x


PS.  You normally do this with both hands but if your hands/fingers are feeling tender while doing this just skip the finger portion but keep the repetitions going mentally.



No comments: