Friday, September 15, 2017

Content to be back

Monday finds the Fall session beginning.  Although I enjoy being on holiday I equally enjoy being back to teaching.  I just got this wonderful message from a student:
"You have been missed, though!  I am all signed up for the new session.  You have made such a huge difference in my life.  Thank you"
I'm so very grateful for those who come to the mat to practice with me every week.  It's amazing to see those who are open to their own vulnerabilities, investigation and exploration.
"Santosha" which is a sanskrit word which can be defined as acceptance, satisfaction or contentment.   And it's not always something that occurs effortlessly.
This summer found me in a situation with a woman who said to me, "You're far too happy."
I had to laugh at that statement.  It hasn't always been that way.  I explained a portion of my journey to her and it surprised her to hear it.
It has taken years and a ton of work to find Santosha.  And the fact remains that I still struggle with it at times.  For the most part it has been Yoga, Reiki, Pranayama & Meditation practices which helped me to get there.  You know how challenging life can be.  I don't have to tell anyone that...yet what I can say is contentments can and will be found if you're willing to do a little work.
Here's a yoga sequence that may be of interest:  https://www.yogajournal.com/videos/niyamas-santosha-sequence
Om Shanti
Tammy
PS.  To view my schedule check out my site
PPS. Do you like to colour?  Check out my colouring books

No comments: