Wednesday, May 08, 2013

A Place to be Free

When I was a kid we used to have a tree fort.  I loved that place as the magical center of the universe in those years.  Truth be told it was my brother's fort, but I used to love to climb up into it myself.

We lived on a hobby farm which had 4 acres of land.  Behind the house you would walk down a ginormous hill and at the bottom was the Dunford's rickety old fence which lead to where their dairy cattle grazed.  Just inside their fence was a huge Maple tree.  My Dad & brother built two platforms in the tree.  I remember how scared I was to climb to the top platform.

The memories of that tree always bring me such peace and happiness.  The years may have had challenges for other reasons, but for the moment in time it brought so much joy. 

We need to rekindle these feelings as adults. 

We need not be SO serious all the time.  And the places that bring these joys need not cost a lot of money, nor be far away.  (I mean, come on, I adore the Caribbean but I can't go there today.)

What places can you go to bring about the feelings of joy, playfulness in your life?  Where can you go back to basics where the simplest things made your heart sing?

If you don't have an answer, you're homework my friend is to find it.

You seriously need to.

Wishing you much more love & abundant play!
Tam
xo

PS.  Sending you the best eagle arms, warrior hug... ready.....
 

No comments: