Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Soothing

This art journal entry came about while I was journaling thoughts that I found soothing.

It doesn't matter who we are we all have 'one of those days' when we need things to help us feel better.
I was surprised to see the cat jump out of this painting. I was about to Gesso over it when my husband's eyes begged me not to harm the kitty! Thanks to him, the kitten lived on and I'm happy I left it in there - so cute!
Anyhow as you can see I find cats, tea and yoga all things that make me feel better on days when I'm not 100% - there were other things too but this is the full expression.

Enjoy Soothing:
Right side


Left side

 Full page



PS. It's a shame the lightening in this picture is so poor - its actually quite vibrant in real life.

PPS. What do you find soothing?

8 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh, Lyle saved the kitty ;o)

TLC said...

LOL... yes he did Stacy!

Shroo said...

AH! So glad you saved the kitty! This is lovely.Kitties are indeed very soothing UNTIL they start with the claws and the demanding food and ALL the blankets...! My kitty rules the house and he SO knows it! Thank you for following my blog - so happy to have found you. Best wishes, Shroo:)x
http://artyshroo.blogspot.co.uk/

TLC said...

It's my pleasure Shroo - your blog is awesome & I love your art. Yeah we have two girls and they rule our house too - especially have my hubby wrapped around their little paws LOL!

My Garden Diaries said...

Just found your blog and your work is lovely! Such a positive space! I look forward to journeying along with you!!! Nicole

TLC said...

Thanks for stopping in Nicole! So great to connect with you also.
x

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I really like this! I find cats soothing as well. Cuddling with my cats (or chickens!) always lifts my spirits.

TLC said...

I can honestly say its been a few years since I cuddled with a chicken! LOL (we had a farm with lots of chickens when I was little - loved the little chicks)