Friday, March 24, 2017

One of those days

Have you ever had one of those days where everything feels like it's going wrong?  I had one of those on Monday.. well, the morning anyhow.  My bedside alarm wasn't set for daylight saving time which meant I woke up one hour late. And I received a text message which I thought was real, but turned out was a dream.  I spent that extra hour of sleep trying to figure out how to respond without rudeness or ego (which was a struggle to be honest).
Then into the kitchen where I grabbed a yogurt for breakfast and ended up dumping it all over the floor and inside the fridge.
My husband on the other hand got an additional day off and a promotion.
The day was spiraling out of control.  It took awhile but I realized a few things...
I decided I got to sleep in an hour later, was happy to check my phone and realize I did not receive said text message and I then had a clean kitchen floor and fridge.
On those days when life starts to spin out of control, sit with it.  And revise your expectation and your opinion of it.  I for one can say it made all of the difference!
In shifting the perspective,
Tammy
x
PS.  Enjoy horsing around!  Buy my colouring book - whether you are born in a Year of the Horse or simply love these gentle beings, this was created for you!  In gratitude
51wqwjrxfrl-_sx384_bo1204203200_

No comments: