Friday, March 10, 2017

Embracing this moment

Sadly we had a death in the family this week.  It was my Grandmother's brother.  The loss of my Great Uncle means there is no longer anyone living from that generation.  All of my Great Aunt's & Uncles on both sides of the family are gone.  That is so hard to get my mind around.  (Or maybe it's the fact I'm growing closer to 50 that is hitting me harder.)
Death is like that, isn't it?  It makes us stop and think of how we are living.  It can make us face our own timelines.  It's stopping and asking ourselves... am I really living?  Am I experiencing this moment to the fullest? 
Time passes and we tend to fall back asleep and return to our auto-pilot ways; until the next death occurs.  
It is a reminder to be here now and to open our hearts to a deeper experience of this moment. 
Love as fully as you are able... even from afar.  Breathe into this time and trust that it will all work out in the end.  Bottom line we are all headed to that transitional place at some point albeit hopefully later than sooner.  It made me revisit this Jerry Seinfeld quote....
“Life is truly a ride. We're all strapped in and no one can stop it. When the doctor slaps your behind, he's ripping your ticket and away you go. As you make each passage from youth to adulthood to maturity, sometimes you put your arms up and scream, sometimes you just hang on to that bar in front of you. But the ride is the thing. I think the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair's messed, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up.”
Love,
Tam
x
17156275_1864486133833513_638825169270315157_n
PS.  Oh and I almost forgot... my latest colouring book in the Chinese Zodiac series entitled, "I'm a Horse" is all ready to go!  Go buy your copy 

No comments: